Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good, Better, and Best

Good: I've been volunteering at Bath Township Safety Town this week. That's where five-year-olds go to learn about fire trucks, how to not talk to strangers, and stuff like that. Today we went across the street to the police station, but as soon as we got there all the cars had to go to some big emergency. All the kids were super disappointed until we went back for snacktime. They sure do love their snacks.

Better: Mill Creek was pretty much amazing. We only had three guys (me, Rich, and Doug) but we controlled pretty much the whole race. I tried to start an early break off of a prime, but that didn't stick. Doug went off on the next one, but some guys decided to pull back their own team in the break. On the last lap, Doug and Rich get away with a Snakebite (I think), Rich goes from there, and Doug and the other guy get brought back right at the bottom of the hill. Rich takes first, and I get fourth for combined winnings of $140, more than enough to pay for entry fees and a good lunch. Delicious.

Best: So I was wandering through craigslist today, looking for nothing in particular, when I stumble across some guy's 2008 Cervelo P3 with SRAM Force and a ceramic BB for just $2100. It sounded a little cheap, so I clicked to see why he's selling. As it turns out, he's frustrated because he bought all this expensive stuff, put in 100 miles, and he's still not fast. Don't you hate it when that happens? Read it yourself here. It's amazing, really. Just amazing

-Russ

No comments: