Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unplugged

For this year's GOBA I've decided to unplug. The powertap's going to the shop to be trued, so I thought it might be a nice adventure to totally shut myself off from the bike computer world. This week I'll have no idea how fast I'm going, how long I've been riding, or any of that kind of stuff. It should be relaxing (at least after a day or so of getting used to it), and I'm hoping it will increase my mental endurance (not knowing how much further I have to go, especially on the century). This week should be a good tune-up for the Junior State RR, which will be a 60 mile race for the 17-18s.

I went down to Wilmington last night for Summer Solstice Stage 1. In a field of twenty cat 4's, there were nine Anthem guys, three Saturns and one of everything else. I figured "hey, Anthem has almost half the field, they're going to start a break." So I went with everything they sent, and we got away about four miles into the 36 mile race. It was me, and Anthem, and a Saturn, but we dropped Saturn in about a mile. Another Anthem bridged up, and we started to do work, putting about two minutes on the field over the whole race. Too bad for Saturn, they thought they still had a man in the break and didn't try to organize any kind of chase. My plan was to get away with a mile to go, but that didn't work and I got third in the three-up sprint. Better luck Tuesday at Mount Vernon, I guess.

Perfect Summer: stretching every morning helps me wake up, I think. It's making me more flexible, too. That's always good.

There's new party music this week, found here.

-Russ

3 comments:

KRUMP said...

Nice Racing at Summer Solstice!!
Drew

JC said...

Great win at Mt. Vernon!!!

I just read one of your past post. Great Job on the ACT, very Awesome!

Russ said...

thanks guys