Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Perfect Ride

What an amazing day. 60 degrees, just warm enough to be comfortable, just cold enough that I barely sweat. Mostly cloudy so I don't get the sun in my eyes on the way home. Hard intervals, hard enough that I almost puked at one point, but I still finished them all. Eight stoplights, all timed perfectly so I never even had to slow down. The tire I found flat this afternoon and pumped up before I left still held 90 psi when I got back home after two hours. I live for rides like that.

In the humor department, I rode by this house today with a flooded front yard that hadn't been drained for probably a month. Next to the water, which was at most a foot deep, was a sign. It read:
Danger: New Pond
Private Property
Please No Fishermans
Signed, Mrs. Crazy
No, that isn't really her name, but yes, she really did sign it. Just though that was worth sharing.
-Russ

No comments: