Saturday, May 10, 2008

RATL's 2, 3, and 4

#2: feeling prety good after hitting a new 5-minute peak power (for me to know and you not to find out) on Wednesday. the first laps were pretty uneventful until, with five to go, Nate, a Spin, and a Stark went off the front. SBR tried to chase, but couldn't put it together. Nate dropped the two guys with him and solo'd the last lap for the win. He had a pretty big gap, so I went right out of the parking lot, taking another guy with me. He came around right at the line and I ended up a solid third.

#3: should be called "Race In The Lake" for all the rain that was going on. Seriously, the stuff was at least an inch and a half deep in the corners. Anyways, everybody raced slow today, saving it for the finish. Definitely not my kind of race. The group split in half one time, but nobody really attacked and the dropped half just caught back on in a few laps. I tried the whole "go super early because I really can't sprint" thing again, but this time everyone's expecting it and they don't let me go. I get passed by seven guys, leaving me in eighth.

#4: beautiful day, even though it rained all night. We probably had about forty guys out, with seven representing Rainbow Inks. started off pretty slow, so I attacked to get things going. Nate and I took turns going off the front until lap 6. This time he goes off the front, gets pulled back, and a buch of guys counter all at the same time. So now there's exactly one guy from each team up the road, myself included. we atke turns like a nice break should and end up dropping SnakeBite and another guy. So now it's just me, a Stark, and a Spin left to TT for eight laps. We go. And we go. And we go. By the end we get about a minute on the field and end up in a sprint finish. I start up the hill third in line, waiting for Stark (sitting #2) to lead me out. He does, we both pass Spin, but I can't get around. Overall, good race for a decent finish. Back in the pack, Rich took a prime and came pretty close to taking the second one too.

No comments: